Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Injuries -how to cope with them; LJ's Road to recovery


Road to Recovery
 
Injuries; they are kind of inevitable and happen to us all! When you play "full out" as we do, and demand 100% of yourself all the time (in life & training) you MUST take care of yourself.

A few weeks ago I was flat on my back for almost 5 days due to an injury whilst HOOVERING! -

At m-gym.com (CrossFit Chelmsford) have access to some amazing experts in their fields who are always happy to help the #migymfamily and direct us all to the best way to recover. I have to admit; that The Chiropractic 4 & Moonchinn really supported me. Dr Dave not only helped me but also told me off "Dude; you should know way better"! - he did give me a well needed reality check which has encouraged me to be even more fanatical over my own mobility and training.

What is really important is how we deal with these injuries when they hit. I have to admit that I was a little blow away to receive a text from LJ last night "Hey Boss Bear; I have written a little Blog that you might want to share".

So here we go.....
 

When you love your training and injury hits it’s the worst feeling EVER…
 

 

However, with the support network of all the guys at mi-gym.com, staff and members, not to mention the great network of connections to Chiropractors and Sports massage therapists. There is no better place to be.

 


When injuring my back (at fault of my own) I felt so sorry for myself, I made sure everyone knew it. I was gutted I missed 2 great events; firstly the mi-gym.com v Duel fit "Squat off" followed by "Murph day"… But hey ho, such is life!

I still got involved where I could by taking pictures, shouting and cheering, no repping, time keeping, clock watching and board writing.

It’s now almost 4 weeks since I got injured but if you stick by some simple principles, you’ll be back to the gym in no time doing what you love. So here are some words of advice………………

·         ICE - Is your friend use it lots!!!

·         REST - Recovery is key, take a rest day. 

·         ADVICE - Listen and learn.

·         CHIROPRACTOR - Seek their advice and services. (Trust me, it works)!

·         SPORTS MASSAGE - Every little helps right? It’s all part of keeping you mobile.

·         PATIENCE - Take your time to fully recover and heal.

·         TORTURE – Don’t torture yourself, it could be worse! Stay involved.

·         STAY HEALTHY – Eat well, stay off those saturated fats and processed foods, and forget the chippie!!! Oh and booze. (I know, easier said than done, right)?

I’m almost recovered and lucky to have mi-gym.com and be part of the #migymfamily, you certainly wouldn’t get as much help and advice from any other gym. Fingers crossed I’ll be back to full fitness ready for when the Duel Fit guys and girls come to mi-gym.

 

 
BOOM! - Thanks LJ - thank for the word & also for all the support that you have given to us at the events..

See you SOON!
 
Have a look at some of the things that we get up to in our sessions photo album

For more about mi-gym.com (CrossFit Chelmsford) http://www.mi-gym.com/index.html

For more about Rachel Young visit:http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rachel-young/3/905/b8
    

No comments:

Post a Comment